How often do you see this cycle?
1. Good idea
2. Create business
3. Realize that idea is not catching because of poor marketing and communications
4. Hire marketing firm
5. Fire marketing firm after 2 months
6. Return to step 4 with a different firm
7. Repeat with SEO firm
8. Repeat with design firm
9. Repeat with young start-up
10. Resign oneself to mediocrity
What is your most important investment in 2015?
When companies plan for marketing budgets, they plan for many different kinds of spending: print, digital, web design, etc.
But few plan for the one thing needed: time.
Coco Channel famously instructed:
This is absolutely true in marketing. There is no substitute for consistently investing time into your most important channels. If half of life is just showin’ up, the other half is stickin’ around ’til the end.
What time can accomplish (and some good statistics)
Last week we received the year-end giving numbers from one of our non-profit clients. We have been running their communication and fundraising efforts for four years. They were ecstatic with the results, as we were. The graph shows the annual percentage increase in year-end giving over the past three years.
2 Keys to Success in 2015
- Invest time
- Be consistent
- We did have three…then we took Coco’s advice.